This boot camp teaches you how to make Microsoft Outlook a partner in your productivity initiatives by showing you features in Outlook and explaining the time management benefits.
The instruction focuses on how Microsoft Outlook can be used as a Project Management tool, sparing you the costs of expensive project management software.
The instruction starts with the Inbox and teaches you how to use click and drag features to move emails loaded with task requests and project management information into Tasks and/or the Calendar for processing.
Then we delve into the specifics of using Tasks as a Project Management tool.
The instruction includes how the main Outlook folders can be integrated for amazing output.
(The principles work if you are managing remote or virtual teams.)
Why you should Attend:
Research reveals that organizations with creative and collaborative teams will thrive in 2020 and beyond. Attend this boot camp and receive the instruction that will pack your day with greater productivity by unifying Microsoft Outlook folders into one goal: superior project management that combines elements from the Calendar, Tasks, and the Inbox.
You'll learn to organize your appointments, meetings, private work time, and project tasks, enabling you to take control of important work details and stay on top of coming deadlines.
The Outlook best practices, tips and tricks presented in this boot camp will take you beyond just using Outlook as an email tool. If you only use Outlook as an email tool, you are leaving about 85% of the power of the Outlook software untapped.
This Microsoft Outlook training teaches you to use the other 85% of Outlook to your time management advantage. You will learn important Outlook email management tips and make Outlook work for you to increase your personal productivity a big boost to career success.
Sign up your entire team and watch morale improve as team members work hard together during the day and walk out the door with you at quitting time to find fulfillment in their personal lives.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Make Microsoft Outlook your partner as you produce real results on a daily basis. Sections covered include:
- General Principles Used in Each Folder. You'll learn how to:
- Maneuver the Inbox, Calendar and Tasks Ribbons
- Set up Categories to visually sort email, tasks and calendar items
- Tailor reminder windows with REAL information
- Use the Quick Access Toolbar
- Out Mailbox Specific Instruction. Instruction includes how to:
- Clear your Inbox every day
- Process, return, initiate and send email quickly
- Create more than one signature and change the default signature in an email
- Use the Rules Wizard to file email automatically
- Use email Flag Status and Reminders so you don’t forget important deadlines
- Use Quick Steps and Quick Parts
- Handle work assigned to you via email
- Use Voting Buttons
- Tasks Specific Instruction. This module includes tips on delegation and how to:
- Identify the differences between the To-Do List, Tasks, and the To-Do Bar
- Use the tasks folder to organize complex work requests
- Prioritize delegated tasks and projects
- Create new folders for multifaceted projects
- Customize column headings in Task folders enabling the you to view project-relevant information
- Take advantage of the To-Do Bar to organize daily tasks
- Use the Tasks folder and the Calendar in tandem to plot mid-assignment check points
- Use the Assign Task feature
- Outlook Calendar Specific Instruction. A calendar is essential to productivity. You will learn how to use the calendar not only as a workflow tool, but how to:
- Use the Calendar to keep track of sensitive deadlines
- Estimate the time tasks take and complete work within the identified time frame
- Never miss a meeting
- Pace daily productivity
- Keep track of project deadlines
You will be given a PowerPoint for download and each Outlook feature is demonstrated live in Outlook 2016.
Who Will Benefit:
- Team leaders
- Team members
- Project managers
- Managers at all levels of the company
- Sales professionals
- Sales managers
- Customer service personnel
Karla Brandau is a thought leader in management and team building techniques. She trains managers to improve their relationship with the employees to earn their gift of discretionary effort. She specializes in personalities, communication skills, leadership principles.
She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute and has educated mangers with her proven leadership principles in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
She has a degree in education and is a Certified Speaking Professional, an earned designation given by National Speakers Association.
Karla’s book, How to Earn the Gift of Discretionary Effort, teaches managers how to be the leader people CHOOSE to follow, not have to follow because of their position on the organizational chart.