There is a dichotomy that exists with meetings. Meetings are essential to group work yet many attendees rate them as ineffective and a waste of time. Attend this webinar and never get a low score on your meeting again.
We will discuss:
- The pros and cons of meetings
- Why meetings are a must
- How to produce meetings attendees will HATE to miss
- How to calculate the cost of meetings
When it comes to the logistics and tactics of meetings, you'll learn how to:
- Run an effective meeting that pleases attendees
- Prepare agendas that propel you through topics
- Make appropriate decisions on attendees
- Assign roles in the meeting
- Keep the meeting on track
- Ensure decisions are made at the close of the meeting
Energetic and effective meetings require care before, during and after attendees leave the room. To ensure effectiveness, in this portion of the webinar you'll get tips for:
Why should you Attend:
- Handling conflict in the meeting
- Using facilitation tools to find consensus
- Following up on assignments
- Evaluating alternative meeting spaces
Most people consider meetings the bane of their existence - pulling them away from meaningful work. They make sure they have their phone to check email, texts, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or even shipping dates on Amazon.
Meetings can be a total waste if the meeting is spur of the moment or called just to have a meeting, meaning there is no clear purpose other than we always meet on Monday morning.
If meetings are not properly planned and executed, many hours of employee time is wasted, causing resentment and often making employees' work tardy, even making them miss deadlines.
Instead of having attendees dread your meetings, or plan to catch on social media during your meeting, attend this webinar and learn how to plan and execute a meeting with purpose and energy, focused on needs, objectives, and solutions.
You'll learn how to manage the logistics of the meeting, how to write an agenda and invite the appropriate workers to attend.
Plus, you'll get tips for starting the meeting, assigning roles, handling sticky situations when personalities come to the meeting pushing their personal agendas or trying to dominate the conversation.
If you are serious about getting results every time you hold a meeting, this webinar is for you.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Determine the What and WHY for any proposed Meeting
- Write an Agenda that Captures the needs of the Group
- Handle all of the Logistics for the Meeting
- Conduct a Productive Meeting
- Improve the Process of how the Meeting Flows
- Ensure Results at the End of the Meeting
- Make a Plan for following up on Assignments
- Close the Meeting Effectively
- Senior Managers in all Departments
- Mid-managers at all Levels in the Organization
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Anyone who Conducts Meetings
Karla Brandau is a thought leader in management and team building techniques. She trains managers to improve their relationship with the employees to earn their gift of discretionary effort. She specializes in personalities, communication skills, leadership principles.
She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute and has educated mangers with her proven leadership principles in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
She has a degree in education and is a Certified Speaking Professional, an earned designation given by National Speakers Association.
Karla’s book, How to Earn the Gift of Discretionary Effort, teaches managers how to be the leader people CHOOSE to follow, not have to follow because of their position on the organizational chart.