After a Leader understands the power of good to great Mental Health the next step is helping their team understand and embrace it. Education, recognition, understanding and communication are key principles in building the knowledge, acceptance and adoption of better Mental Health Practices.
This webinar provides the knowledge, tools, exercises and steps to roll out to your team and change things in the very first day.
Stressed Out Solutions (SOS) has been training for over 14 years during which created and has been delivering C.A.R.E. to teams and leaders for many years.
C.A.R.E. = Communication, Accommodation, Recognition and Education
- How do you communicate to each other?
- How do you accommodate your coworkers?
- How do you recognize what they are doing?
- How do you educate them?
- How do you let people know you are there for them?
- How do you really check in with each other?
- Something happens, what do you do? For the closely affected and co-workers around them?
- How do we recognize it within each other before it becomes a crisis?
- How do we educate our co-workers and families so that they understand the workplace pressures too?
Leaders educating their team is a great way to show support!
Upon completion of this program participants will:
Why you should Attend:
- Understand how and how much Mental Health affects everyone and every organization
- What Mental Health looks like at work and how to recognize it
- How to approach someone respectfully & empathetically you suspect needs help
- Techniques to open minds and start conversations around Mental Health in the Workplace, and personal lives
- How to approach Mental Health in the Workplace
- How to start a plan for you team and organization
- Gain some understanding of what and why people
- struggle to realize their Mental Health challenges
If you are responsible or concerned about meeting your Team's KPIs (key performance indicators), milestones, customer's expectations or the bottom line, then consider the impact of Mental Health in your Workplace.
If you are responsible or concerned about rising costs in employee benefits, turnover and retention, or you are looking for another way to increase productivity and profitability, then take this Webinar.
Improving your team's Mental Health will drive up productivity, profitability, retention and stability. Without better Mental Health you risk loss of sales, customers, opportunities, ideas and market share.
Absenteeism causes a heavier workload, missed deadlines, irritated colleagues and customers and lost opportunities. Presenteeism causes significant performance issues. In fact, a 2018 study found that almost 70% of respondents couldn't maintain their optimal performance for more than 70% of the day. Wouldn't you like another 5% to 10% gain?
Improving Mental Health will also lower Short-Term and Long-Term Disability claims, Drug Plan costs, Return to Work efforts, Ghosting, turnover, hiring costs and more.
Better Mental Health can lead to more ideas, better collaboration, higher productivity and profits. Better Mental Health can drive even better morale, trust, respect and results.
Think about the cost to find, hire, onboard and train new employees. Or at the other end, what do you think the cost of someone struggling, underperforming, causing mistakes, losses and missed targets? Unfortunately most people, including the individual, don't know the cause of their challenges. It doesn't have to be this way.
This fundamental webinar shows how to start to prevent poor Mental Health in the Workplace. This webinar will help leaders start improve Mental Health within their teams, driving losses down and productivity up.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- How to Communicate and Educate Mental Health Wellness in the Workplace
- How to promote and encouraging conversations about Mental Health
- Discuss the financial impact of Mental Health in the Workplace. And the upside to better Mental Health in the Workplace
- How to recognize symptoms of Mental Health in the Workplace
- How to approach someone that might need help
Tools, techniques, conversations to ease everyone's concerns about Mental Health
- Leaders of all level and types of Businesses or Organizations
- C-Suite, CEO, CFO, Chief People Officer, Chief Engagement
- Human Resource Professionals of all Levels
- Leaders in Sales, Operations and Production
Managers, Supervisors, Directors, President, Vice Presidents
Craig Tilford struggled with mental health challenges most of his life. From Depression and Anxiety to Panic Attacks. All the while taking on more and more senior roles right up to managing a global team within a $30 billion corporation. He sat on Boards in Canada and U.S. for the world’s largest insurers and consulted to over 30% of Canada’s top 50 corporations.
His plate was full. Too full it overloaded. At age 56 he crashed and started idolizing suicide. But he realized that he wasn’t done yet. He’d been to doctors and therapists. He’d been on medication for years, but this time he’d had enough. Craig decided to get better and help others too.
Craig feels that others shouldn’t suffer with Mental Health in life and career like he did. With the right motivation, education and support everyone can turn themselves around. Everyone can be a hero to themselves, others and the community. Everyone can maintain their Mental Health Wellness at a great level.
Now Craig helps organizations create a mentally healthy workplace so that we can all progress as a society.
Mental Health Certifications and education include:
- Peer Support Canada, Intern Level 1R
- Mental Health First Aid, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- safeTALK (Suicide Alertness For Everyone)
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital Mental Health Day Program
- Anxiety Management and ElderCare by T.E.A.C.H., Oakville
Volunteer work includes:
- Peer Support Intern, St. Joe’s Parkwood Institute, London ON
- Board Member, Family Services Thames Valley, London ON
- Defeat Depression Campaign, London ON
- Created “Let’s CONNECT” Peer Support group, London ON
- Peer Support across Ontario
- High Performance & Skid Control Driver Training, Canada and U.S.