In an ever-changing world, employees struggle to stand out to management, sales and marketing professionals deftly navigate an increasingly noisy landscape and business owners are challenged to recruit and retain talent.
One solution to these new realities is to empower employees to build their personal brands under the umbrella brand of their employers. Anvil Media President & Founder Kent Lewis will outline five key strategies to building personal brand, including writing, speaking, awards, press coverage and social media engagement.
From this session, you will be able to start building your own brand, as an employee or employer, companywide.
Employees will create more value, providing increased earning potential while employers empowering employees with training and support will improve retention as well as amplify sales and marketing efforts.
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- When brand messages are shared by employees on social media, they get 561 percent more reach than the same messages shared by the brand’s social media channels
- On average, employees have 10 times more followers than their company's social media accounts
- Content shared by employees receives 8 times more engagement than content shared by brand channels
- Leads developed through employees’ social media activities convert 7 times more frequently than other leads
Who Will Benefit:
- Writing Syndicated Articles
- Speaking at Industry Events
- Submitting For and Securing Industry Awards
- Pitching and Securing Press Coverage
- Building Awareness and Thought Leadership via Social Media
- Junior level Marketing Employees
- Mid-level Managers
- Senior Management
- Business Owners
As President and Founder of Anvil Media, Inc., Kent Lewis is responsible for ensuring the company is living its mission and vision by managing overall corporate strategy, including operations, business development, sales and marketing. Specializing in analytics, search engine and social media marketing services, Anvil is a digital agency which provides measurable marketing that moves clients’ businesses forward. Under his leadership since 2000, Anvil has accumulated the following awards and recognition:
- 5000: Fastest growing private companies in America
- Oregon Business Magazine: 100 Best Places to Work (2018)
- Portland Business Journal: Oregon’s Most Admired Companies
- Portland Business Journal: Fastest Growing Private 100 Companies (for five consecutive years)
- Portland Business Journal: Corporate Philanthropy Awards winner (multiple years)
- Clutch: Top Pay-per-Click and SEO Agency in America
With a background in agency-side digital marketing, Lewis regularly speaks on effective digital marketing techniques & trends to audiences as a subject matter expert. Since 2000, he’s been an adjunct professor at Portland State University, where he teaches an SEM Workshop. He is also currently contract Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) for ToneCommand, a audio measurement platform and mobile application. Lewis also regularly speaks and contributes to industry publications including SmartBrief, Online Marketing Institute, Business2Community and iMedia Connection. Lewis is also a Marketing Advisory Board member for his alma mater, Western Washington University. As a long-time entrepreneur, he’s an investor and advisor to a host of emerging companies, including BeetBoost, RISEcx, Syndical, Tixie and Workplace Resource of Oregon. Lewis is co-founder of a variety of organizations, including career community pdxMindShare, eROI and SEMpdx, a Portland-area professional trade association for search engine marketers. Active in his community, he’s currently involved in non-profit charity and professional trade organizations including early literacy program SMART (Start Making a Reader Today), The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), Portland Incubator Experiment (PIE) and others.
Lewis's industry recognition and awards include Portland Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40 Award, Top 25 Most Influential Pay-per-Click Experts, American Marketing Association Oregon Chapter Marketer of the Year and Top 20 Digital Marketing Strategists.