||The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org."
From the first day new employees start on the job, they begin to make judgments about the company, their manager, their peers, and the job they've been hired to do. Too many first days are wasted days with new employees sitting around doing nothing while they wait for their managers to pay attention to them. Often they are funneled into half-hearted orientation programs & bombarded with information overload. Avoid these wasteful traps by going through Judi's program on how to organize and deliver a comprehensive orientation program. Learn how to develop, not just a program, but a process, that will have new employees immediately productive and quickly invested and enthusiastic about their new job.
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- To prepare, conduct, and evaluate effective new employee orientation programs
- To update existing programs
- To reflect new technologies and learning styles of 21st century employees
Who Will Benefit:
- Avoid traditional orientation mistakes
- Define onboarding goals
- Plan an orientation agenda
- Avoid information overload
- Put new employees at ease
- Ease the transition of new employees into existing teams
- Develop rapport between new employees & their manager
- Communicate organizational culture & support
- Utilize new technologies
- Provide consistency to ensure legal requirements
- Increase new employee retention
- Help HR professionals work with all levels of the organization to improve the onboarding experience
- Senior HR Professionals
- HR Analysts
- HR Managers & Directors
- HR Personnel
- Employee Relations Professionals
- Vice Presidents
- Shift Leaders
- All Employees
Judi Clements, President of Judi Clements Training & Development, in Clifton Park, NY, is a veteran training professional who offers training, coaching and webinars in the areas of management, communication, professional development, and customer service, who offers cutting-edge programs with a "laugh-while-you-learn" approach. She is a New York State certified teacher, trained mediator, and qualified Myers Briggs ® Personality Type expert. She is a recipient of the American Society of Training & Development’s "Corporate Trainer of the Year" award and the Girl Scouts' "Outstanding Community Leader" award. Visit her on www.judiclements.com. You Tube. Facebook, Linkedin, Google +, and Twitter.