||"The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."
"This program, has been approved for 1 (General ) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the program ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org."
Discussion on AP & Payroll Functions and who should own responsibility of each including paying and reporting. Certain payments that effect both departments will be discussed. Will review the importance of understanding the relationship of the people being paid with the company to determine which department should handle. Along with a Q & A session.
Why should you attend:
These 2 departments work together a lot and it is important that it is clear on who pays what, plus who reports what to the IRS.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Detailed discussion on the difference between the 1099 and the Form W-2 and which department should report what
- Discussion on employee versus independent contractor and how to tell the difference
- Director Fee payments and how to handle them correctly
- Death payments and what is reported by payroll and what AP should report
- Legal Settlement Payments and how those should be paid and reported by payroll and AP
- How to best handle business expenses along with tax-ability concerns
- Review of the cost of non-compliance for tax withholding and tax reporting purposes
- What does each department need from each other to be successful
- Discuss fringe benefits and the impact
- Form W-9 what it is and who should be responsible for it
- Common mistakes each department makes that can be costly to the company
- Payroll Managers
- Payroll Professionals
- AP Managers
Dayna Reum ,CPP, FPC is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. She has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, She moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, international and Canadian payroll.
Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.