Stressed Out Solutions created the "ADKARR" framework to help larger organizations wrap efforts around enhancing their Mental Health Workplace Culture.
This 90-minute program introduces the six steps of how to help organizations set the tone, educate and implement a culture that leads to inclusiveness, productivity and profitability through better Mental Health in the Workplace.
ADKARR's Six Steps:
- Awareness of the need for change
- Desire to participate in and support the change
- Knowledge on how to change
- Ability to implement required skills, behavior and tools
- Reinforcement to sustain the change
- Raise the bar and leverage new found capacity
- How to create and drive Awareness within the organization to find internal champions, find the good and not so good areas of Mental Health and look towards the kick off a cultural change
- How to leverage these champions and their Desire to support Mental Health in the Workplace showing the benefits, tools and increasing productivity
- Touch on the Knowledge on how to change your team's perception and reality with respect to Mental Health and its impact on them, their colleagues and the organization's bottom line
- Some tools to assess the team's Ability to implement the change
- Introduction of Reinforcement and Raising the bar with new capacity
Upon completion of this program participants will:
Why should you Attend:
- Understand how and how much Mental Health affects everyone and every organization
- What Mental Health looks like at work and home
- How to approach someone respectfully & empathetically you suspect needs help
- Learn some techniques to open minds and start conversations around Mental Health in the Workplace and personal lives
- How to create a plan going forward for themselves and their workplace
- Gain some understanding of what and why people struggle to realize their Mental Health challenges and getting help
Common sense, experience and wisdom show us that if you are having a great day, you accomplish great things. If you have a poor day, chances are you have a poor day in terms of mood, productivity, results, ideas and more.
Now it's becoming understood and accepted that approximately 20% of Americans, Canadians and Australians will have a Mental Health issue each year. Other G7 countries are even higher. And this is just the percent that understand and acknowledge their challenge. Most of the time it's not reported, let alone diagnosed and treated.
A Canadian study found that 68% of the respondents said that they could only maintain their optimal performance for less than 70% of any given day. (source Morneau Shepell 2018)
When one looks at these facts it's easy to see that Mental Health is affecting the Workplace.
For decades businesses, governments and all forms of organizations have been striving to do more with less. Now the "Tipping Point" has arrived. Whether it's the Boomers retiring, Millennials driving work/life balance, or even younger generations affecting the work force, the next productivity tool is better Mental Health. Same people, just better Mental Health, inclusiveness and a rewarding environment to accomplish and live most of one's waking hours happier.
If you are a leader and you're not up to speed with Mental Health's impact on the bottom line and your valued team, you will fall behind.
This 90 minute program starts leaders down the path to a stronger Mental Health and better productivity for themselves, their teams and their organizations.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What Mental Health looks and feels like at work and home
- U. S. and global leaders facts and findings with Mental Health in the Workplace
- Financial Impact of Mental Health in the Workplace
How to recognize the Mental Health issues within themselves, peers and workplace
- How to approach someone that may need help
- Introduction to Mental Health organization framework
Who Will Benefit:
- Awareness internally and externally to the organization and the individual
- How to find and leverage Mental Health Champions from within your organization
- Overview of Mental Health basics
- Anyone working, however, to change culture it takes commitment from the top
- C-Suite, Leaders of all level and types of businesses or organizations
- Human Resource Professionals
- Managers, Supervisors, Directors, President, Vice Presidents
- All Sales positions, particularly the Sales Manager
Craig Tilford struggled with mental health challenges most of his life. From Depression and Anxiety to Panic Attacks. All the while taking on more and more senior roles right up to managing a global team within a $30 billion corporation. He sat on Boards in Canada and U.S. for the world’s largest insurers and consulted to over 30% of Canada’s top 50 corporations.
His plate was full. Too full it overloaded. At age 56 he crashed and started idolizing suicide. But he realized that he wasn’t done yet. He’d been to doctors and therapists. He’d been on medication for years, but this time he’d had enough. Craig decided to get better and help others too.
Craig feels that others shouldn’t suffer with Mental Health in life and career like he did. With the right motivation, education and support everyone can turn themselves around. Everyone can be a hero to themselves, others and the community. Everyone can maintain their Mental Health Wellness at a great level.
Now Craig helps organizations create a mentally healthy workplace so that we can all progress as a society.
Mental Health Certifications and education include:
- Peer Support Canada, Intern Level 1R
- Mental Health First Aid, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- safeTALK (Suicide Alertness For Everyone)
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital Mental Health Day Program
- Anxiety Management and ElderCare by T.E.A.C.H., Oakville
Volunteer work includes:
- Peer Support Intern, St. Joe’s Parkwood Institute, London ON
- Board Member, Family Services Thames Valley, London ON
- Defeat Depression Campaign, London ON
- Created “Let’s CONNECT” Peer Support group, London ON
- Peer Support across Ontario
- High Performance & Skid Control Driver Training, Canada and U.S.