Designing conflict resolution and peace keeping strategies for U.S. organizations is both a complex and a fascinating process. While conflict is usually the outcome of pent us and divisive actions on the part of one or both parties, often supervisors are the individuals least prepared and comfortable with moving others through this type of situation to a permanent solution.
Participants for this session will examine the change process that is necessary in order to eliminate conflict as a language of choice within their work environments. They will also define their role and their skills gaps in addressing conflict in a timely manner.
Why should you attend
: If your organization is tempered with siloed work teams, fear based decision making, underperforming individuals and teams, then this practical session on how to move through the conflict resolution is critical for your organization. Our organizations rely on supervisors to 'carry the water' in terms of identifying potential conflict and resolving it before
it becomes a problem that sidelines productivity or draws energy from high performance and mission accomplishment. No organization can afford to linger with unresolved conflict. Learn how to turn even the most highly charged reactions into positive outcomes.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Leadership Style: Conflict Avoider vs. Conflict Embracer
- The Purpose of Conflict
- The Rules of Considerate Conduct
- Applying the Tenets of Emotional Intelligence to Solve Issues
- Moving Forward Beyond The Dust-Up To Redefining the Relationship
- Human resource executives; human resource generalists
- Labor and employee relations professionals
- Organizational development professionals
- Lobbyists; legislative analysts