It's no accident that the organizations consistently identified as winners also happen to be some of the best places on earth to work. This occurs not as an afterthought, but as a vital, premeditated element of business strategy.
It's a message that has been echoed by generations of dairy farmers, "Contented Cows Give Better Milk".
In other words, creating a focused, engaged, and capably led workforce is one of the best things any organization can do for its bottom line. Research conducted by our firm over the last 15 years shows, in a compelling way, that employers with a sound people strategy that focuses on building a highly engaged workforce perform substantially better than their less distinguished competitors.
This is much less a social or moral issue than it is a business issue.
This webinar briefly presents the findings from our latest research into companies recognized as employers of choice. Then, with the business case firmly in hand, we teach leaders how to achieve comparable results in their organizations.
Going far beyond the conventional wisdom surrounding compensation, benefits, and employee extras, this program takes a comprehensive look at what leaders in some of the best performing organizations around the world are doing to create an engaged workforce firing on all cylinders.
Imminently practical, the program outlines the fundamental thinking, specific behaviors, practices, policies, and programs employed by leaders in organizations that have some of the best records with employee engagement and organizational performance. Participants will learn about something called “Discretionary Effort”, which is the force at the center of Employee Engagement.
They'll learn what discretionary effort looks like, and what it’s not; how to get more of your people to part with more discretionary effort more of the time; and how doing so can improve your business results.
They'll also learn the three pillars of organizational success in so-called "Contented Cow" companies:
- Getting people committed to the organization and its mission
- Enabling them to do their very best work
- Showing that you care about them
Using facts, not faith, and using real stories of real people in real companies, Richard Hadden will lay out a plan that managers can apply right away, to hire the right people, and develop them into powerful performers.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- The bottom line benefits of creating a focused, engaged, and capably led workforce
- Why leadership, and not workplace amenities, is the key to creating an engaged workforce
- Discretionary Effort - what it is, what it isn’t, and how to get it
- How leaders can capitalize on the meaningfulness of every person’s work
- How good managers manage themselves first, and then lead others to excellence
- How to get people to go the extra mile, in pursuit of organizational objectives
- How to be an authentic leaders
- What employees really want in the workplace
- The six most effective leadership qualities you can develop
- Supervisors in HR
- Customer Service