||"The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."
"This program, has been approved for 1 (General ) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the program ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org."
This webinar will cover all the key Human Resource areas that impact your employee practices. We will looks at these areas from the perspective of legal compliance and best practices.
The main areas of focus are: paying your employees properly and legally, proper hiring and termination processes, compliance issues, and risk management.
Why you should attend:
Areas Covered In the Seminar:
- Do you believe you have insufficient regulatory and employment law knowledge in areas such as: wage & hour, medical leaves, & safety?
- Do you believe you or your management staff may not have Human Resource process consistency or may have poor execution in areas such as: hiring, termination, & compensation?
- Are you comfortable that you or your management staff’s level of people management skills is adequate in areas such as: discrimination & harassment complaints?
- As a Business owner or business executives have you ever asked yourself these questions?
Who will benefit:
- Employees vs. independent contractors
- Exempt vs. non-exempt employees
- Outside sales and inside sales exemptions
- Rules for rest and meal breaks
- Payroll mistakes that can cost you
- Discrimination Law - Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FEHA
- Leave Law - FMLA, CFRA, PDL, Workers' Compensation, ADA/FEHA, USERRA, PFL
- Required training
- The importance of handbooks & personnel policy updates
- Personnel file maintenance
- Required postings
- The value of job descriptions
- The value of a salary structure
- Business Owners, Managers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Entry level Human Resource staff
- Anyone with Human Resources oversight responsibilities
Martin LevySPHR is a Human Resources Professional with over 25 years of increasing management responsibility with major corporations across several industries including finance, retail, healthcare, and aerospace.
Just prior to starting his own consulting company, Martin was the Senior Vice President of Human Resources for PFF Bank & Trust for over 10 years.
He has served as adjunct faculty for the University of Redlands, Keller Graduate School of Management, the University of Phoenix, and L.A. Valley College.
Martin has his Senior Professional in Human Resources designation from the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) and holds a Bachelor’s degree from Brooklyn College and a Master’s degree from Cal State, Long Beach.