In this webinar you will recognize the importance of having a positive performance appraisal process in place in your organization.
In this webinar you will learn to:
- Assess your skill at clearly stating expectations
- Set consequences for non-performance
- Handle inadvertent human errors
- Use a conversational interview format
- Speak from observable facts
- Give feedback that builds the relationship
- Work with criticism
- Develop KRA's - Key Result Areas
In conjunction to the mental preparation steps listed above, you will be given logistical tips on how to:
- Document performance
- Set up an appropriate environment for conversations
- Invite the employee and set up the performance review meeting
ADDED BONUS: You will be taught how to use expanded Microsoft Outlook Calendar and Task Folder features to keep on top of performance review content and meeting times with employees.
Why should you Attend:
Take the trepidation out of your year-end performance reviews with this valuable webinar, Dos and Don'ts of Great Performance Reviews.
Performance reviews are an essential factor in the development of employees and the growth of the company, yet most managers and employees dread them. Why? Because they often have the wrong focus - a focus of telling the employee what they have to do to improve or why they are getting less than stellar ratings for the year.
It is time to eliminate the dread of performance reviews and turn them into a Robust conversation about personal professional growth and aligning the individual with goals that move the both individual and the company forward.
Components of healthy performance reviews are ensuring goals are focused and achievable, removing blocks the employee may face, asking appropriate questions and giving feedback, both negative and positive.
When managers and supervisors learn to set a positive environment for honest discussions, the appraisal process becomes a constructive discussion that builds relationships and increases performance.It can be duplicated throughout the year with positive results.
The importance of the performance review process is summarized in this often- quoted phrase: "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."
Don't be satisfied with past performance. Sign up for this webinar and learn performance review techniques that will get you more in the future than you've had in the past.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Planning ahead for Performance Reviews
- Personal preparation for the one-on-one Performance review Conversation
- Preparing the employee for the Performance Review
- Determining KRAs for the coming year
- Creating rapport with the Employee
- Senior Managers in all Departments
- Mid-Managers at all Levels in the Organization
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Anyone tasked to Give Performance Reviews
Karla Brandau is a thought leader in management and team building techniques. She trains managers to improve their relationship with the employees to earn their gift of discretionary effort. She specializes in personalities, communication skills, leadership principles.
She is the CEO of Workplace Power Institute and has educated mangers with her proven leadership principles in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
She has a degree in education and is a Certified Speaking Professional, an earned designation given by National Speakers Association.
Karla’s book, How to Earn the Gift of Discretionary Effort, teaches managers how to be the leader people CHOOSE to follow, not have to follow because of their position on the organizational chart.