Many of our teams were having difficulty coping with stress and were facing burnout long before COVID-19 came along.
Now we are seeing that their stress is heightened even further, and our teams are struggling to find their way through this pandemic. The next pandemic will be a repercussion and crisis of mental health.
Why you should Attend:
One in five employees will experience a mental health issue at some point in their lifetime. Increased stress and uncertainty, especially during this pandemic, can bring those symptoms out or make it more difficult for those already experiencing a mental health challenge, to cope.
This presentation will help HR Professionals, Leaders, and their organizations focus on the most effective and essential strategies to address these mental health issues now, that will help their people stay engaged, combat the impact of the pandemic, and build their resilience as they journey into the future.
The key is to recognize the warning signs and develop programs and supports to protect and support those who may be at risk due to the impact of COVID 19.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms that are signaling that their team is not coping
- Understand the signs and symptoms of major mental illnesses so that there is a general recognition of the early warning signs of a mental health challenge
- Discover the 5 Essentials that leaders must address in supporting their team and minimize the impact of mental health challenges
- Develop an understanding and strategies for supporting those experiencing a mental health challenge in order to effectively encourage members to seek appropriate help if needed
- Combat the effects of the stigma associated with having a mental illness in order to build understanding and acceptance in your workplace
- Utilize the A-L-E-C model for effective and supportive mental health conversations to create a psychologically healthy workplace
- Human Resources Professionals
- Health and Safety Reps
- Union Reps
- Supervisors, Manager, Directors (Team Leads)
- Executive Directors Not-For-Profit
- Business Owners, Entrepreneurs
Beverly Beuermann-King specializes in working with people and organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives using her S-O-S Principle™.
Beverly launched her company in 1995, and since then she has helped teams from a wide range of industries to be happier, engaged, and successful. Audiences discover the right strategies to improve their health, manage their challenges, and enhance their life’s satisfaction.