Today's always on, TNT - Time-Numbers-Technology/Transition - Driven & Distracted World can breed tension and conflict. Discover the Four Angry "I"s and the Stress Doc's "Four Faces of Anger" Model for transforming anger, rage, and conflict into productive dialogue and conflict resolution.
Learn and practice skills and strategies for:
1) disarming power struggles by asking trust-building, "good questions" and 2) providing and receiving all kinds of feedback, even how to deal constructively with a critical aggressor.
Understand the difference between "acknowledgement" and "agreement" and lyrically disarm or emotionally detach from "Yes, butters" and self-centered types.
Use the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Styles Inventory to discover your style of conflict; and learn how to engage in collaborative conflict resolution. Learn how to appropriately and strategically use humor to disarm pressure packed situations.
Why should you Attend:
As a workplace becomes more "TNT" with ever-changing, 24/7 timeline pressure, and the workplace becomes more diverse, it is more difficult for "message sent to be message received."Communication problems, interpersonal frustrations and conflicts, silo effects,and "us vs. them" thinking can negatively impact workplace productivity and a cohesive culture.
This webinar is for anyone in an organization or company who depends on efficient and effective communication and collaboration to be productive. It is for anyone interested in preventing unspoken or unaddressed anger to spiral in a destructive direction.
This webinar will help promote a productive, inclusive, and supportive "high task/tech and human touch" culture.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Grasp the anger trigger dynamics - "The Four Angry "I"s
Who Will Benefit:
- Discover the Stress Doc's "Four Faces of Anger Model": whether anger is constructive or destructive, purposeful or spontaneous
- Take an Assertiveness Assessment Test; identify your assertive "hot spots"
- Understand the constructive-destructive difference between assertive "I"s and blaming "You" messages; practice
- Engage in mind exercises that provide tools for disarming critical aggressors; understand the array of emotional responses or reactions to feedback
- Learn to disarm "Yes, butters" and "passive-aggressors"
- Discover the five Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Styles in workplace conflict situations; grasp the paradoxical power of collaboration and consensus
- Recognize attributional bias and discover an IDEAL Model for disarming conflict
All personnel levels - from front-line employees to all levels of management will gain skills, tools, and strategies for:
- learning to understand different anger dimensions and how to express frustration and anger in a more constructive and professional manner
- Participants will gain tools and techniques for transforming conflict into more collaborative problem-solving
- And teams and the organization as a whole benefit when a work culture is able to acknowledge and address difference and disagreement, anger and conflict in an open, transparent, and respectful manner
Mark Gorkin, MSW, LICSW, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, is an acclaimed keynote and kickoff speaker as well as “Motivational Humorist & Team Communication Catalyst” known for his interactive, inspiring and FUN programs for both government agencies and major corporations. He proveds “Stress and Communication, as well as Managing Change, Leadership and Team Building” programs for the 1st Cavalry Division and 13th Expeditionary Support Command, Ft. Hood, Texas and for Army Community Services and Family Advocacy Programs at Ft. Meade, MD and Ft. Belvoir, VA. Mark has also had a rotation as Military & Family Life Consultant (MFLC) at Ft. Campbell, KY. A former Stress and Violence Prevention Consultant for the US Postal Service